Useful Apps, Links, and Resources
Three very useful resources to receive support:
- David Romprey Warm-line: When you just want someone to talk to who will listen. Their motto is "Some people just want to be heard". A free resource (without anything to sell).
- Crisis Text Line: Another free resource, this is a way to get support by text.
- Teen Warm-line. YouthLine available 24/7. Teens are available to answer calls, text messages, and chats seven days a week from 4-10 pm
IntelliCare- Northwestern University's suite of applications help with depression and anxiety.
Veterans Administration Apps- The VA has apps are accessible to everyone! These apps focus on PTSD, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, exposure therapy, mindfulness, parenting, etc.
Self-help for Anxiety Management (SAM)- A range of tools for managing anxiety
Virtual Hope Box. Tools for coping, relaxation, distraction, and positive thinking.
Relief Link. An app to save key info, track mood, create a safety plan, make a list of reminders (e.g. appointments, take medication, etc.) and mindfulness and relaxation exercises.
Safety Plan. List out coping strategies and social supports to use when you are in a suicidal crisis or very distressed
- National Alliance on Mental Illness. Link to NAMI of Oregon affiliates.
- WebMD. Information on medical and mental health
- PsyWeb. Information on mental health
- Addiction Guide. A resource on substance use issues, treatments, blogs, and supports
- Depression/Bipolar Support Alliance: Helpful website, including links to the local area support groups
- Psychology Information Site. Psych Central's site with useful articles and links
- National Institute of Mental Health. Federal government website.
- Anxiety & Depression Association of America. International organization that does education, training, and research on anxiety and depression.
- AllTreatment. Resources for dealing with substance use issues
- "Quit Day". Website offering information and support around tobacco and mental health
ResourcesGeneral Mental Health Resources
- Drug Information Database
- 2-1-1 Information and Referral Service for Oregon- Listing of the resources available in the community, including housing, food, emergency, etc.